MOST PREGNANT WOMEN EXPERIENCE PAIN: About three out of every four women complain of back pain during pregnancy, and more than half mention pain in the pelvic girdle. To support the baby bump and lower back during activities, a high quality belly band relieves discomfort and overall pelvic and back pain.
2. RELAXIN SOFTENS JOINTS During pregnancy, the hormone relaxin causes hips and tendons to become soft and loosen to prepare the female body for birth. This process frequently results in SI joint pain that is sharp and can be excruciating where the tailbone meets the lower back. A high quality belly band or brace can support and stabilize the joint to prevent pain during activities.
3. REDUCES ROUND LIGAMENT PAIN:Pregnant women often describe round ligament pain as an ache or sharp pain in front of the hip under the belly. This happens when extra weight from enlarging uterus puts pressure and pull on the ligaments that normally support a woman’s core. These bands double as needed support for core muscles.
4. SUPPORT DURING EXERCISE: What woman would go for a run without wearing a sports bra? It’s the same thing when toting a growing belly. A belly band supports with gentle compression to offer comfort and stability to the uterus, assisting mom to stay physically active. She will want to avoid compression from pressing in on the belly. Too much compression can cause heartburn and indigestion or impaired circulation.
5. IMPROVES POSTURE: As a high quality belly band supports the back and torso, it actually improves posture, reducing the need to counter balance. Counter balancing happens when a woman adjusts her posture enough to offset the increase weight load of a growing baby ~ The effects of counter balance are sometimes referred to as “swayback or lordosis.”
6. AFTER BABY IS BORN: As muscles return to normal, a core support helps minimize any separation of abdominal muscles (a condition called diastasis recti). A good support brings core muscles together with exercise to strengthen the back and pelvic floor post delivery.
I like to stay fit and eat right most of the time but I found pregnancy to be a great reason to be a little lazy and eat whatever I wanted. Every once in a while, however, we have woman call us and ask where they can get our Best Cradle now! No time to order… they have a race in a couple days. And not just a 5K, these women are running marathons and ½ marathons and desperately needed something to support their tummy!
These moms-to-be have my complete and utter admiration!
So what does the doctor say about running during pregnancy?
Whether running is safe during pregnancy is hotly debated among healthcare providers but new evidence is showing that if you’re having an uncomplicated pregnancy and have been a runner when you get pregnant then it’s most likely safe to continue running, however, at a less strenuous level. You need to stay in tune with your body and talk to your healthcare provider. You need to decide together what’s going to be best for you and your baby. If any unfamiliar symptoms or aches and pains present themselves while pregnant and running, talk to your doctor immediately.
Keep these things in mind if you choose to run while pregnant:
Listen to your heart, you don’t want it to beat out of control
Make sure you can continue to talk while running
Stay off uneven trails and ice to reduce risk of falling
Don’t let yourself overheat
Stay hydrated with lots of water
Wear a maternity support
For Amanda, running got a lot easier once she started wearing our Best Cradle:
My race today went great, I had a lot less discomfort than I have been having on training runs with no support. The Best Cradle alleviated most of the pressure I was feeling, and miraculously, my hemorrhoids didn’t bother me at all…just wearing the cradle for a couple days before the race really helped those heal too!! – Amanda, Ohio
It’s You Babe wants you to have a safe and comfortable pregnancy! Talk to your Healthcare Provider before continuing or starting any strenuous exercise during pregnancy.
More than 11% of babies born in the United States arrive before their due date. During the month of March we will be featuring ways to reduce the risk of preterm labor and birth as part of the March of Dimes’ March for Babies® campaign.
“Around 15 weeks into my twin pregnancy I developed vulvar varicosities and I knew that my growing belly would also become a problem. Now I’m almost 36 weeks and still wear my Prenatal Cradle Plus every day. When I take it off my contractions start up, so I know that it is taking weight off of my cervix, thus allowing me to carry these babies to a healthy point.
“I was so worried about preterm labor, but thanks to the Prenatal Cradle Plus that hasn’t been a problem. I haven’t needed bed rest and have been able to carry on my regular life and care for my toddler.
THANK YOU for such a great product!!!” – Megan
Many moms-to-be have found the benefits of our products include better circulation, more restful sleep, and added comfort throughout the day. Call us for more information and free brochures, 1-877-661-9682 Toll-Free in USA.
It’s You Babe is the Michigan, USA based manufacturer with 7 different maternity support garments designed to address the aches and pains often felt during pregnancy.
If you are feeling pelvic pain, back pain, sciatic nerve pain, hip pain, painful vulvar varicosities, or the feeling that ‘everything will fall out the bottom’ you should watch this video. We have a garment that will relieve your pain and get you back on your feet to enjoy an active, healthy pregnancy.*
It’s You Babe, LLC always recommends speaking with your healthcare professional when experiencing pain during pregnancy.
The Prenatal Cradle and the Best Cradle are both designed to gently lift and support your tummy as if cradling with your own hands. The difference is in the adjustability of the Best Cradle. The Best Cradle has 3 sets of hook and eye closures on the support band below the tummy and adjusts over the shoulders similar to a bra strap.
Take a look at this quick video to learn more.
Both products are made in Michigan, USA using medical grade, flannel backed elastics and are non-shoulder weight bearing.
I gave a Prenatal Cradle to my friend and hair dresser a few weeks ago. Wasn’t even certain she was buying into the idea of wearing one of our products but this was her 3rd child and she was having a lot of back pain.
Well, I just ran into her at school yesterday when picking up the kids and she couldn’t stop talking about how glad she was that she has it!
I had an appoint with a chiropractor that I ended up cancelling because, after putting on the cradle, I have no more back pain.
YAY! I was SO excited to hear all the great things she had to say.
We get so much pleasure hearing from pregnant moms who are getting relief when they are using our products.
If Prenatal Cradle pregnancy support garments are helping you as you work and play, let us know about it and we’ll include your comments right here in It’s You Babe’s Feel Better blog.
I am currently 7 months pregnant with twins and have been wearing the “Best Cradle” for 2 months so far. It has been a life saver! The support that is has provided me has truly kept the swelling on my legs and ankles down.
If I am not wearing the cradle I notice immediately! It has also allowed me to continue on with my daily schedule and the doctors have all stated how impressed they are with my progression for a twin pregnancy. They are always pleased to see when I have my support on.
A mom in pain needed to find a better maternity support:
I am 35 weeks pregnant and have been having incredible pain for a couple of months now in my SI joints, hips, IT bands, low back. The pain has been so intense I have been in tears and trying everything including other braces. Eventually with nothing working I decided to search for another brace that wasn’t just under my tummy but also over my shoulders to help lift and provide support in my entire hip and core area. I honestly have never sent in a review for a product off the internet until now!!
I have been wearing it (BEST Cradle) for several days now and I am absolutely amazed how much the brace is helping me! I can stand up, bend, walk and even sit without being in tears! Your brace is what every pregnant woman should have on hand so they don’t have to suffer! I have already told many friends and wish I could tell all women out there! I just had to tell your company how wonderful your product is!! Love the Best Cradle !!!!!!! ~ Allison