MOST PREGNANT WOMEN EXPERIENCE PAIN: About three out of every four women complain of back pain during pregnancy, and more than half mention pain in the pelvic girdle. To support the baby bump and lower back during activities, a high quality belly band relieves discomfort and overall pelvic and back pain.
2. RELAXIN SOFTENS JOINTS During pregnancy, the hormone relaxin causes hips and tendons to become soft and loosen to prepare the female body for birth. This process frequently results in SI joint pain that is sharp and can be excruciating where the tailbone meets the lower back. A high quality belly band or brace can support and stabilize the joint to prevent pain during activities.
3. REDUCES ROUND LIGAMENT PAIN:Pregnant women often describe round ligament pain as an ache or sharp pain in front of the hip under the belly. This happens when extra weight from enlarging uterus puts pressure and pull on the ligaments that normally support a woman’s core. These bands double as needed support for core muscles.
4. SUPPORT DURING EXERCISE: What woman would go for a run without wearing a sports bra? It’s the same thing when toting a growing belly. A belly band supports with gentle compression to offer comfort and stability to the uterus, assisting mom to stay physically active. She will want to avoid compression from pressing in on the belly. Too much compression can cause heartburn and indigestion or impaired circulation.
5. IMPROVES POSTURE: As a high quality belly band supports the back and torso, it actually improves posture, reducing the need to counter balance. Counter balancing happens when a woman adjusts her posture enough to offset the increase weight load of a growing baby ~ The effects of counter balance are sometimes referred to as “swayback or lordosis.”
6. AFTER BABY IS BORN: As muscles return to normal, a core support helps minimize any separation of abdominal muscles (a condition called diastasis recti). A good support brings core muscles together with exercise to strengthen the back and pelvic floor post delivery.
The It’s You Babe Prenatal Cradle is designed to support your tummy as if you were cradling it with your hands. Soft, gentle lift and support without compression allows you to wear the garment all day long. Some women like to even wear the Prenatal Cradle to bed at night for support while tossing and turning from side to side.
Many women don’t realize the full support of the Prenatal Cradle until they have taken it off and the aches and pains return. This means the garment is working as designed!
We are often asked about the shoulder straps and why they are there. The shoulder straps simply hold the points of sewing in place and are not designed to pull down on your shoulders or lift up your tummy. The lift and support comes from all the other flannel backed elastic straps which also add support on the sides of your tummy. I like to call it ‘full surround support’. Everything put together will improve your posture, reduce ankle and leg swelling, enhance circulation and give you more energy to get through your day!
Recent comment we received from a mother of twins:
I just wanted to say ‘thank you’ for such a great product. Around 15 weeks into my twin pregnancy I developed vulvar varicosities and knew that my growing belly would also become a problem. Now I’m almost 36 weeks and still wear my Prenatal Cradle Plus every day. When I take it off my contractions start up, so I know that it is taking the weight off my cervix, thus allowing me to carry these babies to a healthy point. I was so worried about the preterm labor, but thanks to the Prenatal Cradle Plus that hasn’t been a problem. I haven’t needed bed rest and have been able to carry on my regular life and care for my toddler. THANK YOU for such a great product!!