MOST PREGNANT WOMEN EXPERIENCE PAIN: About three out of every four women complain of back pain during pregnancy, and more than half mention pain in the pelvic girdle. To support the baby bump and lower back during activities, a high quality belly band relieves discomfort and overall pelvic and back pain.
2. RELAXIN SOFTENS JOINTS During pregnancy, the hormone relaxin causes hips and tendons to become soft and loosen to prepare the female body for birth. This process frequently results in SI joint pain that is sharp and can be excruciating where the tailbone meets the lower back. A high quality belly band or brace can support and stabilize the joint to prevent pain during activities.
3. REDUCES ROUND LIGAMENT PAIN:Pregnant women often describe round ligament pain as an ache or sharp pain in front of the hip under the belly. This happens when extra weight from enlarging uterus puts pressure and pull on the ligaments that normally support a woman’s core. These bands double as needed support for core muscles.
4. SUPPORT DURING EXERCISE: What woman would go for a run without wearing a sports bra? It’s the same thing when toting a growing belly. A belly band supports with gentle compression to offer comfort and stability to the uterus, assisting mom to stay physically active. She will want to avoid compression from pressing in on the belly. Too much compression can cause heartburn and indigestion or impaired circulation.
5. IMPROVES POSTURE: As a high quality belly band supports the back and torso, it actually improves posture, reducing the need to counter balance. Counter balancing happens when a woman adjusts her posture enough to offset the increase weight load of a growing baby ~ The effects of counter balance are sometimes referred to as “swayback or lordosis.”
6. AFTER BABY IS BORN: As muscles return to normal, a core support helps minimize any separation of abdominal muscles (a condition called diastasis recti). A good support brings core muscles together with exercise to strengthen the back and pelvic floor post delivery.
The It’s You Babe Prenatal Cradle is designed to support your tummy as if you were cradling it with your hands. Soft, gentle lift and support without compression allows you to wear the garment all day long. Some women like to even wear the Prenatal Cradle to bed at night for support while tossing and turning from side to side.
Many women don’t realize the full support of the Prenatal Cradle until they have taken it off and the aches and pains return. This means the garment is working as designed!
We are often asked about the shoulder straps and why they are there. The shoulder straps simply hold the points of sewing in place and are not designed to pull down on your shoulders or lift up your tummy. The lift and support comes from all the other flannel backed elastic straps which also add support on the sides of your tummy. I like to call it ‘full surround support’. Everything put together will improve your posture, reduce ankle and leg swelling, enhance circulation and give you more energy to get through your day!
The Prenatal Cradle and the Best Cradle are both designed to gently lift and support your tummy as if cradling with your own hands. The difference is in the adjustability of the Best Cradle. The Best Cradle has 3 sets of hook and eye closures on the support band below the tummy and adjusts over the shoulders similar to a bra strap.
Take a look at this quick video to learn more.
Both products are made in Michigan, USA using medical grade, flannel backed elastics and are non-shoulder weight bearing.
After first pregnancies the muscles in our tummies don’t always return to normal. As a result, subsequent pregnancies may take a greater toll on our already stretched out muscles. Gently supporting the abdominal muscles during pregnancy provides the relief we need to stay active and keep up with those energetic little ones!
“As a mom of three energetic boys, I am on the go and need extra support throughout the day. I appreciate the Mini Cradle in allowing my body to feel relieved as it takes pressure off as I go about my daily activities. I would recommend the Mini Cradle to expecting mothers as a way to find support and comfort as you grow thru your pregnancy and deal with the extra weight your body becomes accustomed to.” – Katie, MI
Find out more about the It’s You Babe Mini Cradle on our web site.