MOST PREGNANT WOMEN EXPERIENCE PAIN: About three out of every four women complain of back pain during pregnancy, and more than half mention pain in the pelvic girdle. To support the baby bump and lower back during activities, a high quality belly band relieves discomfort and overall pelvic and back pain.
2. RELAXIN SOFTENS JOINTS During pregnancy, the hormone relaxin causes hips and tendons to become soft and loosen to prepare the female body for birth. This process frequently results in SI joint pain that is sharp and can be excruciating where the tailbone meets the lower back. A high quality belly band or brace can support and stabilize the joint to prevent pain during activities.
3. REDUCES ROUND LIGAMENT PAIN:Pregnant women often describe round ligament pain as an ache or sharp pain in front of the hip under the belly. This happens when extra weight from enlarging uterus puts pressure and pull on the ligaments that normally support a woman’s core. These bands double as needed support for core muscles.
4. SUPPORT DURING EXERCISE: What woman would go for a run without wearing a sports bra? It’s the same thing when toting a growing belly. A belly band supports with gentle compression to offer comfort and stability to the uterus, assisting mom to stay physically active. She will want to avoid compression from pressing in on the belly. Too much compression can cause heartburn and indigestion or impaired circulation.
5. IMPROVES POSTURE: As a high quality belly band supports the back and torso, it actually improves posture, reducing the need to counter balance. Counter balancing happens when a woman adjusts her posture enough to offset the increase weight load of a growing baby ~ The effects of counter balance are sometimes referred to as “swayback or lordosis.”
6. AFTER BABY IS BORN: As muscles return to normal, a core support helps minimize any separation of abdominal muscles (a condition called diastasis recti). A good support brings core muscles together with exercise to strengthen the back and pelvic floor post delivery.
The It’s You Babe Prenatal Cradle is designed to support your tummy as if you were cradling it with your hands. Soft, gentle lift and support without compression allows you to wear the garment all day long. Some women like to even wear the Prenatal Cradle to bed at night for support while tossing and turning from side to side.
Many women don’t realize the full support of the Prenatal Cradle until they have taken it off and the aches and pains return. This means the garment is working as designed!
We are often asked about the shoulder straps and why they are there. The shoulder straps simply hold the points of sewing in place and are not designed to pull down on your shoulders or lift up your tummy. The lift and support comes from all the other flannel backed elastic straps which also add support on the sides of your tummy. I like to call it ‘full surround support’. Everything put together will improve your posture, reduce ankle and leg swelling, enhance circulation and give you more energy to get through your day!
“I have used the Prenatal Cradle by It’s You Babe for three out of my four pregnancies. I typically have large babies (over nine pounds) and the support that I get from the cradle is tremendous! The cradle takes the weight of the baby off my abdomen and eases the back pain. In my third trimester I definitely can tell the difference on the days I wear the cradle and the days I do not. I generally have so much less pain on the days I wear my cradle.” – Traci, MI
You can find out more about the Prenatal Cradle by visiting our website:
It’s You Babe is the Michigan, USA based manufacturer with 7 different maternity support garments designed to address the aches and pains often felt during pregnancy.
If you are feeling pelvic pain, back pain, sciatic nerve pain, hip pain, painful vulvar varicosities, or the feeling that ‘everything will fall out the bottom’ you should watch this video. We have a garment that will relieve your pain and get you back on your feet to enjoy an active, healthy pregnancy.*
It’s You Babe, LLC always recommends speaking with your healthcare professional when experiencing pain during pregnancy.
We love to hear from our dealers – you are the ones that work directly with the pregnant women we are here to help. One of our new dealers in Connecticut recently shared some comments that she often hears from the women she is fitting into our Prenatal Cradle:
So far, I’ve received very positive feedback from the patients that have received them. I usually have them try it on here and they say it feels good immediately!
One customer told us that we had the answer to her prayers…
I can’t tell you what a difference your ‘Cradle’ has made in my life. Truly, it was an answer to my prayers… It is perfect and such a relief for my many back and front aches, too! I have four boys and expecting my fifth in Nov. Even though I was only in my fifth month, I ached so badly down low that after about 4 P.M. every day I could no longer stand or be on my feet… I was daily wondering how will I make it until the end and still be able to care for my family?…Then a close friend…brought me one of your cradles and said, ‘try it!’ I noticed the difference right away!…when I take it off a little early at night I feel the aches returning instantly… what would I do without it?… the Dr. said after having several children that the muscle tones are gone and the middle months of pregnancy… Your product is SUPER!! S.B.
We recently found this great video review about the BEST Cradle®. Angele has generously allowed us to post her video on our website so everyone can see how the BEST Cradle® goes on easily and fits smoothly and comfortably against your skin. We hope you all enjoy Angele’s great humor and fun antics about this award winning maternity support!